Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013

Ouarzarzate


My helping angels
My trip to Ouarzarzate  was evil. I had to take a bus from Sidi Ifni at about 4.30 (the tickets need to be bought before but the locals help you to find the right bus and store). Anyway. I drove to Agadir to take another Bus from there to Ouarzarzate but I forgot that there are two bus stations in Agadir, the main one and one in Inzegane. That one is full of screaming people, who push you in their bus before you can ask, where they're going to. you can manage it, if you know where you wanna go and what could be the right price but if you're not sure, Inzegane will NOT help you. It's a little chaos and you have to be very sure, what you want. 
In my case I was lucky to sit next to 2 moroccan students in the bus from Sidi Ifni and they helped me in Agadir to find the right bus (i was really lucky: the only bus this day went 5 minutes after my arrival and if I wouldn't have catched it, I would have had to take an expensive hotel room for one night...) Anyway. The busride from Agadir to Ouarzarzate took me the whole day (from Sidi Ifni to Agadir and from Agadir to Ouarzarzate were about 15 hours busride and about 10 or 15€...) and when I arrived, I just wanted to sleep. 
But: no room --> no sleep, so I went down the road with my big backpack and looked for a room and something to eat. - Little tip from another trip: Ouarzarzate has great little restaurants in the smaller streets but you have to find them. They have no signboards, sometimes you just see some chairs outside a livinghouse. They have small prices and great food and they are super friendly and familial!
Unfortunely on that day everything was closed...

my driver :)

After 1 hour I found an open shop with desert trips and I decided to ask for the prices.

It took a while but in the end, we had a compromise. 200 € for 3 days in the desert, with breakfast, lunch and dinner, the ride down to the desert, a camel ride and a tent for sleeping. He also offered me a hotel room for the night after the desert. I found out later, that it is MUCH more cheap, if you go from Marrakesh and in a bigger group, one single person is quite expensive, because they have to pay the trip, the gas, the tent in the desert etc all for just one person. (makes sense, hum?)
Well, a few minutes later my desert guide and my personal driver arrived and took me to the desert near Zagora and on top I finally got a sandwich (thank god!)
direction: desert.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen