Samstag, 2. März 2013

Desert and Oasis Fint

The desert could have been amazing if it wasn't so crowded and if it would have been a longer trip. For me it was the first time in the desert so it was a great experience but after some more experiences I can say, it could have been deeper.


This first time I arrived in the desert around 0.30 with my wonderful and funny driver and my guide who was (unfortunely) a little to much into blond girls.
During the journey he always looked at me as if I was a fascinating animal (to tell the truth: you CAN travel on your own in Morocco, even if you are blond and a girl but you will have some uncomfortable moments from time to time, beeing watched by men, who tread you like an object - much more than in Europe - but you can get used to that. Speaking helps.)
 
  
no one but me.
When we arrived in the desert camp I was tired to hell (remember 15 hours of busride, the endless search for a room, the very small dinner and everything with my whole luggage) but my guide organised a really great dinner somehow so I ate in a big desert tent with beautiful carpets all over the walls.
After the dinner my guide took me to the fireplace were some Bedouins and tourists sat together, playing music and singing. It was an amazing atmosphere, the music, the fire and looots of stars. It really felt like we were surrounded by stars and their light.
Then my guide offered me a beer and asked me if I want to go for a walk with him so I decided to go to bed, hoping he would has another tent. Fortunately he had so I felt asleep and set the alarm for 4.30 to see the sunrise without any bothering guide or drunken tourist.
sunrise...
Best idea I've ever had! Well... after standing up. Before it felt probably like the worst idea ever. But when I went out of the tent, the atmosphere was totally worth it!
I was alone with the snoozing camels and I walked for 30 minutes until I didn't see anyone or anything but desert and the rising sun. 
Such a great silence :) 

When I came back from this single trip, everyone was already awake and I had missed the breakfast so I had to take my luggage and explain my flutteringly guide where I had been.
We took the camels afterwards and had a ride for a few hours through the desert direction town.

camel ride

 All in one really nice trip for 200 Euro.... Even if it would have been cheaper in a group, it wouldn't have been so cool because I could take all the decisions so it was very individual trip and the way back to Ouarzarzate was really amazing because my guide and my driver (with who I became friends) wanted to show me every city, every place in the taflilalet area - an area in the sahara with many oases)

beautiful nature in the oasis
Because I didn't had breakfast this day we had some stops in pretty cute little villages. In every village we got tea, breakfast and a few stories about the village from the owner of the café/restautant. My guide knew them all and it might have been a little arranged but it was quite interesing anyway. My driver/guide showed me a lot of places, ruins, monuments and other things until we got to a wonderful oasis, named oasis fint.

Oasis Fint
Hotel/Resto in the oasis
We had lunch there, my driver and guide had a quick nap so I had enough time to walk around see all the beauty of this oasis which was the location for some films, for example "The prince of persia".
If you have the chance to go there, you should!  The oasis fint is a wonderful place and there is also a hotel with a restaurant. If someone needs time without noise, without annoying tourists and with a beautiful nature, this oasis is 

                                              THE PLACE TO BE!

Lucky.
my two guys (guide and driver)

The last stop of this day were the Dadès Gorges and the Dades canyon. The dades is a river between the atlas mountains and the Anti-Atlas mountain range. 

We spend over 40 minutes, just watching because I couldn't take my eyes of of this mountains. My two guys explained me where and how the traditional Berber families live down in the canyon and I really want to go there to spend some time with them! But for this day it was engough, so we had to leave the mountains before it got dark.

fascinated.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen