Freitag, 15. Februar 2013

Mirleft / Sidi Idni

Mirleft, is really NOT my fav city.. pretty calm, good waves but you need your own surfboard (expensive...) and in the evening, there is nothing to do, shops close early and almost no one is round... But if you want a calm place where you have no (or less) tourists and can make your own meals: there are busses every day from Agadir.



Sidi Ifni though is a great city. It was quite calm, when I was there (March) but still the locals were up to do some jamming, cooking and surfing. The waves are absolutely nice and you're not surrounded by other travellers.

How to get there?
I took a taxi from Mirleft with 5 or 6 strangers next to me (and of course the driver...) let's say: don't be afraid of small cars with many people in it.. it might smell of sweat but it's always cheaper ;) The ride was something about 1,5-2 hours and it costed more or less nothing: 15 dh (1,50€) but I have to admit that it was a local taxi. Next to me 2 older English women (they looked very touristic) were waiting and they didn't get a taxi and later, when they got one, they had a higher (touristic) price. I had my marrocain trousers on and a scarf over my hair so they gave me the last "free" place in a local taxi (I think, the women wouldn't have take it anyway.. :D)
Sidi Ifni has some influence by Spain and you can see this in every house, it is a mixed style, I've never seen before! In Sidi Ifni and around are some pretty nice places. You can surf, walk around or just sit in one of the cafes and restaurants and look over the sea. Another plus is, that the city is not that touristic (compares to Agadir or Marrakesh). There is a camping ground next to the main city and in the season, someone told me, it's getting fuller of tourist (probably november-february) 
Very important fact: near the ocean you can get Pizza with Tuna and Olives which was the best one I've ever had in my whole life!! So, in the end: Sidi Ifni is something special and I'll definitely come back!
Souk in Sidi Ifni

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen