Montag, 9. Februar 2015

Backpackers and other Touris

  
When I hear "backpacker" I always think of a cheap and real way of travelling. Like hitchhiking, having the cheapest (but awesome!) food at markets and sleep in tiny dirty rooms. I mean -  you just sleep there and do awesome things over the day so why paying a big room..?

I guess I was wrong. Backpackers in Thailand and Asia just mean people with a backpack. They come here to explore the Asian culture and eat Pizza every day. Don't get me wrong: I love Pizza and it's really nice to have a Pizza or a Burger once in a while. But this isn't really the Asian culture and I'm aware of it, when I have it once a week, because I feel like having one. It's also really great to have wifire and spend some time on facebook. But not the whole day... I met a lot of people, who just came here and drink the whole day (and night). The two questions I heard the most here are: "can I have the wifi password?" And "i think, I need a beer now". Yeah. That's the Asian experience.
There is another thing about Youngsters and travel groups, I don't understand. They all seem to be very lonely (even in a group of 10 peops..). Imagine you almost have the whole beach for yourself. Palmtrees, white sand, great waves and a lot of both, sunny and shadow places. Of course I would sit down right in front of the only two other persons, laying on the beach. No! I would NOT! Well a lot of those "backpackers" would. 100m of beach. At least 7 palm-shade-places but they (always) choose the spot 1,5m next to me. And this happend not only once here. Another one: I'm sitting in a restaurant with nice view of the beach and sunset. 15 of 20 tables are free. A group of fancy youngsters arrives and guess, which table they choose... YES. Of course the one right next to me. But still not enough. One of them wants to have a better view so what they do is pulling their table directly in front of mine. And a second one. Because they all want to face the sunset. My sunset here was a row of fancy youngsters backs. Never had a lovely view like this one. When they saw my face, they started to whisper: "oh, die guckt aber böse" - "ach, die soll sich nicht so haben, wir sind immerhin in Malaysia!" Yeah. We're in Malaysia. Too bad that I speak German too. Guess I'm getting too old for this.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen